Sunday, August 3, 2008

The miracle of not trying

As I write this I hope I am not jinxing myself...Katie is officially potty trained. She is currently wearing little blue fishy "big girl underwear." I had actually given up. It was my goal this summer and became even more important as we prepared for 2 more babies, but my half-hearted efforts didn't seem to be working and I couldn't find the time to work on it AND THEN one day she was doing it. I am amazed!

We took our first real trip out to Target on Thursday. We got there and I asked her if she needed to use the potty. "No!" was the answer. Every few mins I would ask the same question and get the same answer, except that it got louder every time. Finally, I was getting worried and tried to take her to the bathroom. Katie's response was the beginning of a tantrum so I gave up. A couple mins later we were in the shoe aisle (yes, she has to try on about 10 pairs of shoes before I can get her out of there), trying on Dora croc type shoes and she says, "I need to go potty." As I run to grab her I realize I am too late because there is already a puddle gathering in the bottom of one of the shoes. What do I do!?! I clean it up, wipe the shoe up with wipes and walk away. Is that bad? I did buy more underwear to change her into.

No comments: