Saturday, February 4, 2012

Back to reality...

We have really been enjoying life...but as much as we LOVED having everyone here and being in Guatemala, there is something to be said about being in your house with nothing pressing to do. 




Addy's fav thing to do is hair
In our efforts to get Katie into the neighborhood school I talked to the principal (back in Dec) and she advised me to put her in our home school and apply to transfer her over (you probably need to live in Charlotte or have an hour long conversation with me to understand this).  So...after Christmas we enrolled her in kindergarten.  It has been weird getting used to her being gone so much.  Katie, on the other hand, has been loving every sec of it.  She spent 3 weeks at the 'other' school, and then we got word that she was accepted into the Montessori school that is 5 houses down the street! 

It is a uniform school, they are casual about it, but khaki or blue bottoms and blue, red or white tops.  Do you know how hard it is to find uniform stuff in the middle of the school year!

The weather has been warm enough to be outside, so after school everyone gathers at the park across the street.  I'm not sure life gets much better for the kids.

Last week there was a little accident outside our house and a car crashed into our fence.  Seriously!  It has been such a hassle to deal with even though their insurance will someday cover it.


Wednesday I picked Addy up from school early to have a mommy/Addy date.  She really wanted to get fries and 'girl' soda.  I think that the girl thing comes from us telling her that the coke, etc in the house is "daddy soda", and since I don't drink it she thinks it is only for boys.  I took her to a little burger joint we have been wanting to try.  We got one large meal and I had the burger and some of the fries and she had the soda and most the fries. (Another funny Addy note is that she is calling everything blasted; "this blasted door won't open".  She also says "I'm gonna freak out" if I don't respond to her right away.)

I forgot my camera, and the phone isn't quite as good of quality.
Sat we went to the mall to hang out (and we also went to the pet store to shop for some items for a certain type of animal that the kids don't know about yet, but will on Thurs!), Katie wanted me to take this picture of her and the Hello Kitty, who was walking around the mall.

1 comment:

Frolicking Night Owl said...

Try the company French Toast for uniform stuff. I've also seen stuff at Walmart, Target, Childrens Place, etc.