Sunday, April 8, 2012

Spring Break

A couple weeks ago Mark had a business trip in NYC.  We went up together the weekend before and then I flew home alone on Monday evening.  The weekend was blissful and I spent Monday hanging out with Heather (my friend from the mission).  Problem is, when I got home I had a very difficult time transitioning back into mom mode, sometimes I just get tired.  Luckily Mark had been coming home earlier for the past couple weeks so the kids weren't completely neglected.

Katie had Spring Break last week, and I resolved to get back into enjoying parenting.  Monday morning we visited the local firehouse with some kids from the gym.  Marcus asked if he could drive the fire truck (they said when he became a fireman) and Addy asked if she could see their beds (which they showed her).



We spent the afternoon hanging out with friends at the park.

Tues Flossie came down to take Bethany and Eric to the airport, we met her at IKEA.  IKEA with 5 kids is a little crazy.  Afterwards we had an Easter egg hunt at our house and dinner afterwards, Sarah and her family came for the festivities.

Cooper, Addy, Talia, Marcus, Carson & Katie (yes that is a leotard on Addy)





Enjoying their spoils
 Wed, Flossie, Sarah and I took the kids to an indoor playground and then out to eat.  Everyone did pretty well, until the waitress waited to bring us the checks.  Ten mins after we were done eating Addy dropped a glass and it shattered all over the restaurant (as you can imagine we got our check pretty quickly after that).

Thursday morning we headed to the zoo.  We met my friend, Vanessa, there with her three kids (her youngest Sean was in M & A's preschool class, and they live in our neighborhood).  Before we left Addy told Mark she wanted to see a jaguar and a reindeer, Katie wanted to see a horse and a lamb and Marcus wanted to see an elephant and a snake.  Marcus was the only one who had a real chance. 









Ben, Addy, Katie, Marcus, Logan & Sean
 Friday was a perfectly lazy day.  I was supposed to go to the gym, but didn't.  The kids played from 9:00am until 12:00pm without acknowledging me.


I read...and...did nothing, it was great.  After lunch we took a long walk combined with a scavenger hunt.  To top off a great day Mark's boss sent him home at 4pm (and no, he wasn't fired)!

No comments: