Sunday, October 14, 2012

The calm before the storm...

Last week Marcus and Addy's preschool went to the pumpkin patch.  I decided to pull Katie out of school for the day so she could join us.  I love the place we went.  First, the kids went to see the chickens, lambs and baby goats. 


 Next we went on a wagon ride to pick our pumpkin.



I think his bag was a little heavy


 After the pumpkins we ate lunch and then hit the slides.  This place has the coolest slides built out of pipes and all sorts of other farm equipment.


One of the dads put as many kids as he could on his lap and slid down, of course Katie joined in.  They talked me in to doing it as well.  I had on a pair of older jeans and after of a couple trips down the bumpy pipe, I had two holes in my butt.  Luckily their teacher had a sweater I could tie around my waist.
  


 On our way out we enjoyed all the other little things the farm had to offer.  It was really fun to see how much Marcus has changed from last year to this year.  Last year, he made me slide down the slides with him, every time; this year, I barely saw his as he was running around with his friends the whole time.






 I think the thing I hate most about being a mom is being responsible for dinner every night.  In an effort to make my life a little easier I have assigned every Thursday night to one of the kids.  They pick what they want to make and do as much of the prep and cooking as they can safely do.  It is also a chance for us to be alone together in the kitchen.  Last week it was Marcus' turn.  He picked applesauce oatmeal.  He did a great job and even served it himself.



 Soccer season is going well.  Last Sat Addy scored her first goal (it was in the wrong net, but we will take what we can get).  When I told her I was proud of her, she told me that "no one was touching the ball, so I took it and put it in the goal"!  Now we know she has it it in her.






 Katie's season is also going well.  They play positions this year, and like always she is the smallest kid on the field; she is having lots of fun and learning quite a bit.  And she isn't afraid to go take the ball from the bigger kids.


1 comment:

Gina said...

Erin! Your kids are so cute, your such a good mom! Did you adopt a new baby? So exciting if so, hope things are going well.