Sunday, July 28, 2013

Birthday Girl

 This year for Katie's birthday we decided to take advantage of where we live and take her to the American Girl Doll store in NYC to pick out a doll.
At the end of the school year, Katie's teacher had given her the first book in the Kit series and Katie decided that she wanted Kit.  It was a perfect match; blond hair, blue eyes, freckles, spunky and intelligent and always asking too many questions.

The Friday after we got back from VA Marcus, Addy and Jaxon stayed with a babysitter and Mark and I took Katie into the city.  We took the train in and went straight to the American Girl Doll Store.  Katie was entranced.  I felt like a little girl again, seeing all the dolls that I read about as a kid.  Even Mark thought it was pretty cool


 After checking out the whole store, we found Kit.


 Grammy had given Katie some money for an outfit, so she was able to pick out one of Kit's dresses as well.

After Kit, we went to Chinatown for some yummy Chinese food.  Then we headed home.  We made Katie wait to get home to pull Kit out of the box, she couldn't wait.

 
 Addy watching, dreaming about her turn.



Katie has discovered the American Girl mystery books, and now it is normal for me to find Miss Katie curled up with Kit and one of Kit's books.  A girl after my own heart!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cutest Ever!

Chris and Flossie said...

They do look alike. I love it!

Chris and Flossie said...

They do look alike. I love it!

Emma said...

Happy birthday Katie! Fun trip to NYC to pick out Kit :).

Marsha Ault said...

Erin--I just found your comment on my blog . . . Thank you for remembering me. We were so happy to have you and Mark in our home on that stormy time when you were able to take your twins home with you. I looked at your blog and they have all grown and now you have another son. Wow!!!! We are so happy to have heard from you. Are you on facebook? My facebook page is Marsha McKneely Ault. Love, Sis. Ault