Monday, December 15, 2008

Getting ready


Katie and I decorated for Christmas this week, she loves the tree and the lights. Every morning when she gets up she asks to turn on the lights.




This will be the first Christmas that we are spending at our home so we are working on starting some Christmas traditions, but aren't quite sure what we want to do. We need to start with a bigger tree but can't agree on fake or real. I grew up cutting down our own in our forest and dragging it home, and Mark grew up with a fake one that made no mess and had no pretty smell. Needless to say we both think the way we were raised was right. And since we can't agree we are going one more year with our fake, tiny, we-don't-spend-Christmas-here tree.

We also need to go Christmas shopping but can't find time for us both to get out--Mark is in the middle of finals--so we are going to be a typical American family and shop the Saturday before Christmas.
On another note-Katie is silly and she likes to remind me. She decided that Mr. Potato Head's mouth looked better in her own, then when I started taking pictures she wanted me to have one of my own.

No comments: