Sunday, July 12, 2009

Casa loca a mi casa

My parents took off the beginning of June to go to Guatemala to try to get the orphanage up and running again. The same week Sarah and Adam took off for Youth Conference with our church youth group. I became a single mom of 7 (Mark is studying for the bar--we can't distract him). I had Emmie (10), Alisa(9), Tony(7) and Talia(2), to add to my three. You would think being raised in the house I was raised in, this week wouldn't have fazed me, but it was unbelievably hard. Needless to say we didn't go anywhere that we couldn't walk.

Playing in the sprinklers

Watching the craziness

Sandbox fun with Talia
Thank goodness for the huge play room we have in our new home, and that my little siblings are willing to play with baby and toddler toys!

Addy and Katie in the doll's pack n' play

Marcus watching Tony play football

The silly girls on a good day--Katie put her pink dress on Tali over her shirt and jeans, Katie is a strong believer in layering your clothes and she is trying to pass this knowledge on.

We spent a lot of time at the kiddie pool (there are no pictures, because I don't have enough hands to hold onto Marcus and Addy and take pictures).

Right before Sarah and Adam took off we went to Monkey Joes, which is a huge inflatable play house, it was lots of fun. Sarah and I took Marcus and Addy down some of the slides--they were pretty scared.
Alisa and Tony

Emmie and Katie

And for all of you asking if we are going to have more kids...the answer is now more then ever..."NO"!

1 comment:

Chris and Flossie said...

I always thought you wanted 7 of your own?!?!