Tuesday, June 16, 2009

They're ours!

Wednesday we drove back to Pittsburgh, Thursday morning we headed to court to finalize the twins adoption.

Mark with the girls...waiting

Marcus waiting (and wondering if we would feed him)

The official Sanofsky family and Judge Lucchino
After taking an oath to care for them and provide "moral upbringing" (don't you think all parents should have to take that oath) Judge Lucchino declared the adoption final. He said that Katie could bang the gavel to make it official but she got scared.

We then got back in the car and drove home.

Oh yeah, Go Penguins!
This is Mark's tribute to the Penguins--His poor family had to survive him watching every single Playoff game. If I don't live in Pittsburgh any more is it ok to say I'm glad it's over. And yes, Mark is trying to make "Evgeni" Marcus' new nickname.

7 comments:

Jenna said...

Congratulations! They are just so adorable :)

Megan and Sean said...

Congrats! Whoa, what a family reunion! (your last post) We leave to go to Nauvoo for Sean's family reunion on July 5th (Sunday afternoon) I'd love to see you guys. We're going to Waterville on the fourth to my parents. We decided to go to FL after Nauvoo so we'll be driving back up 95 to go home. (July 19) I was just thinking that'd be so cool if somehow we could see each other. I don't have a clue how far 95 is from you and Flossie??? Hopefully we can make something work! By the way your hair just looks great, I don't know how you keep it so long I have to keep mine short so it's quick and easy to do!

Liisa said...

We're thrilled for you! Our Gracie's adoption was finalized on June 8. In NC, you just get an adoption decree in the mail, no court, no ceremony:)

Hope you are enjoying life in NC.

Chris and Flossie said...

Oh Congrats! I guess I can officially welcome them into our family now...before they were just "kind of there" ya know. JK! We love Marcus and Addie

An Appalacian Emigrant said...

congratulations. that's pretty exciting. Wish we could be there for the sealing. ryan filled me in on the Penguins win and why it was a big deal

Gina and Jon said...

I'm so happy for you guys, Congrats! Hope the move went okay, you'll have to show pictures of your new place

~Laurie~ said...

Congratulations Erin! I KNOW exactly how good it feels!!
love,
laurie