Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Oh Katie


Anyone who has met Katie is impressed with her ability to communicate--with anyone. Mark and I just enjoy being her parents and listening to all the funny things she comes up with.

Last week she was riding in the car with Mark on their way to one of his basketball games, it is a 30 minute drive.
Mark: "This game is kinda far away"

Katie: "Yeah, it is as far away as Grandma and Grandpa D's house. It is like Mary and Joseph going to Bethlehem"

Mark: "Not quite that far, plus they didn't have a car--why, did they go to Bethlehem?"

Katie:"To have baby Jesus."

Mark:"And why is Jesus important?"

Katie:"To protect you, like when there is a tiger in your house then Jesus will protect you from the tiger."

Or the other day I was doing Addy's hair and Katie started talking about how her hair would turn brown when she gets bigger and doesn't it already look a little bit brown. And then she turns to me and says; "Mom, when Addy gets bigger will she still have 'pop-up hair'?" I was laughing so hard I couldn't respond.

Speaking of hair...


Here is my first attempt at styling Addy's hair--these are Zulu knots and they were so much easier then I thought they would be.

I did the knots on Sat night for church (of course then it was canceled), most of the knots fell out when she slept on them so today before we went to library for story-time I added some little barrettes and ... I think it turned out pretty cute!

5 comments:

Richele said...

nice job with the twists!

i'm going to try out carol's daughter - supposed to be great for that pop-up hair. (way too funny!)

Johnson Family said...

Love the hair and the Katie comments, what a crack up!

kara said...

Katie is so cute. It is not just what she says, but it is also her voice...it is so adorable!!

Great job with Addy's hair. Did it take long to do?

Chris and Flossie said...

AAAHHH! Cute Katie and Addy

Kristine and Philip said...

Adorable, both Katie & Addy! I can't wait to meet them both and Marcus too! "Out of the mouth of babes"!