Friday, June 4, 2010

Ode to Hannah

My sister Hannah was on her way to Guatemala when she got stranded in Houston because of Volcano Pacaya. She waited it out in Houston for a night, but Hurricane Agatha headed towards Guatemala as well, so she flew back to Charlotte. I picked her up on Sat morning (it was meant to be that we didn't spend that 2nd night camping) and she spent the next 5 days with us; until she was able to make it into Guatemala City.


We love Hannah in this house.
She played with the kids the whole time, which gave me a much needed break, not to mention the kids enjoyed all the attention. Katie especially loves her, she got her fingernails and toenails painted 2 times in the short time Hannah was here! This morning when Katie got up and ran to Hannah's room she cried because Hannah was gone (we did warn her and she said goodbye, I think Katie just hoped we were joking).


Come back soon!!!


(Also, Guatemala got hit pretty hard, and lots of the people we are working with there were affected--some lost their homes and crops, most had nothing to begin with. The roads are destroyed from mudslides, the country is a mess. If you want to help 1 time or monthly, let me know--there is so much need.)
http://casadesion.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

shellydinger said...

I was thinking about you and your family when I saw pictures of that crazy sink hole in Guatamala City. Thanks for the mini update (and your kids are adorable as usual - I love Marcus!)