Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mark went to his brother's wedding in Utah two weeks ago. I had really been dreading the weekend alone with the kids--especially because it was was a long week at work for Mark complete with super late nights. He flew out on Thurs and came home on a red-eye Sat night. The kids and I survived the weekend with flying colors (I had to loosen my TV rules and got them movies to watch both nights). We were all so excited to spend Sunday with Mark but it wasn't all we dreamed it would be because he was so tired--duh! I was really dreading Monday and the long afternoons by myself again. But the stars aligned and it snowed and Mark's office was closed Monday and Tuesday (yes, we only had two inches)!!! Of course he had to work from home, but who really works from home? (oh wait, I do!)


But then because of the snow the kids didn't have school Wednesday or Thursday but Mark did have to go into the office, so that turned into another REALLY LONG 3-day week for me. But thank goodness for Martin Luther King because Mark got Monday off as well--and, thank goodness for Preschool because my kids are there!

Ok so not that I am done ranting and raving, and seeing how this blog is really supposed to be my kids baby book I realized I haven't done a real update on the kids lately.
We had some good weather at the end of these snow days

Katie
She is such a good girl. When I dropped the kids off for school yesterday, her teacher was having a panic attack because the other teacher had called in sick last minute and they could not find a sub and there was a new kid in class and he was a little wild. I told her I could stay for the first hour to help out. It was so fun to watch Katie in class. She is good and listens and loves every second of school. Her teacher told me that Katie is so ready for kindergarten next year. We have been working on her reading she is doing so well, she can read short, short stories all by herself. She is still into princesses but she loves her baby dolls more. She is my little helper and cleans her room and unloads the dishwasher for me.

Addy
She wants to be a little princess. Everything should be pink and princessy. It is actually getting a little annoying because she fights with Katie over the pink plate, cup, spoon and fork--she thinks she should have it every time and not take turns. She is my little helper and likes to repeat what I tell Marcus to do--sometimes I will catch her disciplining him. She also helps Marcus take off his shoes when we come in from outside. She likes to tell us when Katie is mean to her; "Katie mean." If we ask Addy "why" she did something, she always says "cause." She always tell me "just a second, Mama." The other day she was sitting quietly on the couch a while after I had sternly disciplined her, Mark asked her what was wrong. She put her head down and stuck out her lower lip as far as she could and said, "Mama mad at me."

Marcus
He is very good at being the baby--my baby. At the beach my little brother Seth started teasing him calling me "my [his]mommy"; Marcus went nuts! And now it has become a common fight in this house about whose mommy I am. Marcus has also started saying things like "where'd MY daddy go?" Marcus started counting a couple months ago and can count to 13 by himself. He refuses to say his own name. If I ask him his name, he laughs and says "No!" I have tried to trick him before while helping him pray, I'll say, "thanks for Addy, Marcus and Katie," Marcus will repeat, "thanks for Addy, me and Katie." Little stinker.

Last Friday morning Katie came running into my room gasping--she scared me--she said, "Marcus and Addy got our of their cribs and came into my room!!!"
Mark and I had a babysitter for Saturday so we had her come early so we could look at bunk-beds. We bought them on the spot and they are being delivered Friday night, we are going to put the twins on mattresses on the floor this weekend, so check back next week for some fun stories about that. Today, I heard Marcus screaming at the top of his lungs when he should have been sleeping. I ran into his room to find his big little body out of his crib and stuck under his crib. He was so scared because he couldn't move. Addy was standing in her crib telling me to "help Marcus, help Marcus, Marcus crying."

I heard Marcus out of this crib yesterday, and this is what I found. Obviously the capes are not working as well as they should be. (Addy fell asleep reading books in her crib)

6 comments:

Richele said...

OK, you just wrote about what gives me night sweats. I just know someone is going to get out of their crib soon. I'm going to hear three sets of scampering feet ...

And I think I have a little crush on Marcus.

An Appalacian Emigrant said...

Love the terrible twos when they are too big for the crib but have a hard time staying in bed.

Heather said...

I feel like I've seen more than one picture of Marcus with a tutu on this blog. hahahahahahahaha! I love the christmas pictures too. You look gorgeous in them and the kids look pretty darn cute too!

kara said...

We let Nick escape his crib for a while. It was funny to be woken up in the morning with a thud. I figured as long as he wasn't getting hurt it was okay.

p.s. I think everyone has a crush on Marcus. He had my heart the moment I saw him! He's such a ladies man!

Em said...

So glad the clouds aligned to get Mark stuck at home with you!

This whole post is just hilarious. Love love love Marcus in the fairy skirt. Adorable!

Nicki said...

How cute are your kids?!! After reading this post, I kinda feel like we are living the same life (except that I have one 4-year old less). :)