Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Operation Save Bethany...

My parents are in Guatemala this winter. Bethany who is on winter break from college is staying at their house so my brother Johnny can finish highschool. Last week, Bethany had to play mom to my brother's (Bryan) kids. She was going crazy with them and Johnny, so I drove up to help her. I don't know how much of a help I was, but the kids sure had lots of fun.

Marcus and Cohen put on their capes and went to the workout/orphanage donation storage room and started playing on Grandpa's elliptical.

They pulled all the cushions off the couches to pose for pictures...




All five kids took a bath in Grandma and Grandpa's big tub, and used Grandma's shampoo and special soaps and bubbles.

Is is bad to put this picture on a blog?

Johnny pretending that Marcus and Addy are his kids.

The night before we were supposed to leave it snowed. I had been wanting to take the kids sledding all winter so the timing was perfect. Friday morning before we packed the car, we all got bundled up and headed outside.


Bethany looking gorgeous with Dad's boots and snowpants on (she later completed the look with Mom's mismatched socks for her hands--oh the childhood memories that brought back!)

I looked equally great in Caleb's boots and coat.

This was Marcus' and Addy's first time sledding. They loved it, except for the time we got air and the other time we hit the flowerbed wall.

The trip wouldn't have been complete without a sickness or an injury...we went with injury. Marcus got his first football injury when Johnny dropped a helmet on his head while they were playing.

There were no tears, just a sad look. And the bandage came off within mins of this picture.

We completed the trip with a very scary drive down their very snowy, very steep mountain. And headed back to 70 degree weather.


I don't know if I really saved her but I sure had a lot of fun hanging out with Bethany and eating her yummy Italian cooking!

2 comments:

Vicki said...

love the pics. Made dad feel real secure about his elliptical.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Katie is getting so big! And her hair is getting darker. What a cutie