Sunday, March 20, 2011

The simple things...

Katie loves flowers. She thinks that all flowers should be in our house and in a vase. And she doesn't understand why they die, and why I eventually have to throw them out. I like flowers. I think they are pretty, but I think that if you have to put them in a vase they are kind of waste of money. Mark agrees (he's cheap), so we never have flowers in the house - other than, the ones that Katie picks outside in our yard, of course.

I was at Traders Joe's the other day. Katie saw some flowers and BEGGED me to buy some. I said OK, she stopped and stared at me in surprise for the longest time. She was still a little dumbfounded when we handed them to the cashier 10 mins later (of course that didn't stop her from hugging and kissing and telling me thank you over and over again). When I put them on our table I felt happier. Katie declared I was the 'best mom in the world'! And I felt like it. (Until they died and I had to explain to Katie why I had to throw them in the trash.)

No comments: