Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Homeless...

So, yes, we are homeless.

  Thank you to all the kind people that offered their homes to us, I wish I could come stay with you.  Mark wants me to stick around to harass the builders, although at this point I am on the verge of doing more then that.

 We had to be out of our rental Sunday.  Saturday Mark and I stopped by the new place and realized there was no way we could move in, that night nor the next day.  We thought it would be just a day or two thing so we moved into my cousin's studio apt over her garage.  Don't get me wrong, I love my cousin and am so grateful that she moved her brother's girlfriend who was staying here into the house for us; and I am so grateful to have a place to stay for free.  But there is something to be said about doors.

So anyway, as each day goes on, it is still going to be another day or two before we can move in...
I don't know what we are going to do, I am trying to have a good attitude, but it seems to have escaped me at times.

Addy summed it up best; when we got here, after a long day of moving she just sat on the bed and started crying and said "I just want to go home."  If only we had a home to go to.

3 comments:

kara said...

Have your builders given you a time frame? I hope its soon, but I know that this is pretty normal when it comes to building unfortunately.

Frolicking Night Owl said...

so glad to get your message and hear that you are starting to get settled. i've been thinking about yinz. :)

Anonymous said...

ERIN, I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF A BLOG UPDATE!!! PLEASE PLEASE!!! :):)
LOVE YOU, RACHEL B