Monday, September 26, 2011

No more babies...

So we are officially in a house without babies (although there still seems to be plenty of crying going on).  Addy and Marcus turned 3 last Friday.  So weird!

My sisters went to the beach for a week and invited us to join them.  We went for two nights, coming home Friday afternoon so the twins could be with Mark on their birthday.  It was a lot of fun.

We got to the beach and the kids wanted to immediately get in the water like we did in May.  They were not happy about having to haul everything up to our room and change into swimsuits.  But then Talia showed up so they stopped complaining--cousins fix everything.  We went swimming in one of the hotel pools and then spent the rest of the afternoon/evening on the beach.  

Thursday was a beautiful day.  Everyone in our little group spent the day on the beach.  Katie and I jumped some waves; Marcus and I built some sand castles (safely away from the waves) and Addy did a little of both.  Mostly they just played with cousins and I just gossiped with my sisters.

Both nights the kids got to stay up late to go out to dinner with everyone.

Chris, Adam, Will, Marcus, Cooper, Addy, Carson, Flossie, Katie, Talia and Sarah

Thurs night, after dinner we hit up Krispy Kreme.  The line was long and we didn't get back to the hotel until late, but obviously the kids really enjoyed the donuts.

Katie and Talia
Friday was a wet and cold day, but a great day to have a birthday!  With our room we got a fabulous breakfast where we could eat whatever we wanted.  Friday morning Marcus and Addy had a little of everything; french toast, fruit, yogurt, bacon, bagels--you get the idea.

We spent the morning hanging out at the indoor pools and hottubs and then packed up to head home.  
Katie's school was having a kids concert and dinner and we thought that would be a fun way to celebrate turning three.  We met Mark there and danced the night away.

(That night as I was getting Addy out of the car to go to bed she said to me, "Hey! you didn't make me a cake!"  It was so accusatory in her cute little voice, like I was trying to pull something over on her.)

Saturday we partied!
We opened presents and ate.
Addy wanted cake, Marcus wanted cupcakes, I made both.






 





Happy Birthday Marcus and Addy!  I can't believe it's been three whole years.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

How fun. Wish I had been there. What a great mom you are.

Bethany said...

why don't you send your cute little kids my way for a couple days! I would be happy to have them!

Chris and Flossie said...

Loved the Beach!!!! And, you ARE a great mom!