Thursday, May 24, 2012

Me, me and me


This year my birthday fell on Mother's day.  Blah. Not the greatest, but after 6 years of it being close, I'm used to them being rolled into one.  Mark had already bought me a big present (season tickets to the upcoming Broadway season) that doesn't start until November so he worked hard to spoil me rotten all weekend.  

We got free babysitting at our Y on Friday night (Parent's Night Out) so we went to dinner.

Sat evening we got a babysitter and went to Carowinds.  It was all fun and games until Mark got sick,  seriously he did almost get sick.  He felt terrible about it and tried to make me ride some of the roller coasters without him.  I did, one.  But there is nothing more awkward then a 30 something year old standing ALONE in line with teenagers for 20 + mins and then getting up to get to the front of the line and being asked "how many?", responding "one" and the girl being stumped about where to seat me, cause they never have just one person.  We left and went to dinner after that.

I know you can't really see me, this is just to prove to my kids that we were there.



On Sunday Mark made me dinner and we had a little family party. 


As you can see the girls were very generous with their gifts, they even wrapped them in their baby doll blankets.  I think I had about 100 cards, some of them were Christmas themed, they must have ransacked their art stash.




Last weekend I ran the Warrior Dash with a group of my friends.   

Before, we did a super hero theme, I was Storm (from X-men)

Other then almost drowning in the water it was lots of fun.  There were a couple moments where I couldn't think about what I was doing or I would have chickened out.  At one obstical we had to slide down a pole after rock climbing up the wall.  I literally closed my eyes and thought about the instructions that I have given to our kids while they slide down poles at the park and went down (with my eyes still closed).  I feel ok about admitting that because there were some people that got there before me still standing there after I left.

Wjumped over fire, this was at the end where the kids could see me

grand finale was crawling through the mud under barb wire

Taya, Banda, Olay, Jennie, Emma, me,  Dore and Lexy


Marcus was the funniest, when he saw me he looked at me like I was crazy and he wasn't sure he wanted to know me and backed away.

They had a very weak hose where we could try to rinse off.  It didn't do much so we just tossed our shoes and used a towel to get some mud off and changed into what became somewhat less muddy clothes.

2 comments:

candicetheresa said...

You seriously look as if you haven't aged a day. Amazing! I hope I can look as good as you after this pregnancy! And that my face will look as if I haven't aged like you! You look awesome. Happy birthday. And awesome to get broadway tickets!!

Johnson Family said...

Happy b-day Er! the race sounds really fun and a little kooky. I love your face in the mud pit.
~KP