Sunday, June 3, 2012

Camping


The Friday before Memorial Day we went camping.  We have been planning it for a little while so the kids had lots of time to get super excited.  We went with some good friends and our kids spent a lot of time making a list of everything they needed.  Mark wasn't as excited as the kids, but we dragged him with us anyway.


Marcus and Kainoa


Elle and Katie--Elle (who hadn't really met Mark before) told her mom that "Katie's daddy looked like the man who bought the zoo."


 We had a great little spot on a river, it was a great place for the kids (and Rufio) to play.  There were  rocks to climb, snakes and tadpoles, and water perfect for wading.

For dinner we cooked hotdogs--both Marcus and Addy broke their vegetarian streak and ate one.  After dinner we gathered around the campfire for s'mores and ghost stories. 



 

The kids got to stay up really late, so when it was bedtime everyone was ready to sleep.  I think Mark and I actually got some sleep as well.  We woke up ready to party (really it was just a repeat of the day before).   The kids put on bathing suits bright and early--the water was freezing!





When it got warmer we rented some tubes and floated down the river.  At one point Mark had Katie on his lap and I had Addy on mine; we were almost at the bottom near the swim whole when Mark and Katie got stuck.  Mark put Katie on the shore to fix the tube and they got back on and kept going and it WENT FLAT.  Luckily, I had noticed and Addy and I were waiting to see if they were ok.  Mark was able to get Katie onto my float and he had to swim back.  Did I mention the water was freezing.  Katie was pretty shaken up...she wouldn't go down with Mark again (although she did trust me enough to ride with me).

All in all, I would say it was a great trip, I think we will make Mark do it again.


1 comment:

Vicki said...

nice pics. see you soon