Sunday, August 26, 2012

Dead days of summer

These last couple of weeks of summer have been super lazy.  The weather has cooled down a little but it hasn't really stopped the kids from getting in the water.

We visited a new pool and Katie asked if she could try the driving board...she didn't want to get off.
My siblings have been in and out of our house.  Heather came to stay with us for a few days.  Addy cried hysterically when she left.

Visiting uptown



Addy on the catwalk--she sometimes scares me
We have been doing lots of art, Katie thought up the project below that involved paint, marbles and a cookie sheet.  The art turned out great.



Addy does not conform, she does her own thing

 We have spent lots of time with friends, swimming, going to the children's library and playing at the park. 


Dax, Marcus and Katie--Dax is Marcus' best buddy
Wed we went to the Raleigh temple to be with Hannah.  Uncle Chris, who was going to watch the kids while we were inside, was late, so Alisa and a temple worker watched them (Sarah's 3, my 3 and Tony and Gabby) while they waited.  I heard rumor that she had them cleaning the bathroom because they got a little rowdy.

After the temple Bethany, Eric and Hannah came back to Charlotte to be with us until B & E had to fly back to ID on Friday.  We had a great couple days with them.  Thurs morning my sisters and I were talking about going shopping and Marcus, who was listening, got upset and said, "I don't want to go shopping!"  We told him to go talk to Eric.  Eric agreed to stay home with him.  Addy didn't want to get dressed, so she stayed as well.  

Friday we attempted to go swimming, but it was too cold.  We left after an hour.



 When we were at the music festival, my kids saw my younger siblings on top of my parents van.  They have been wanting to climb on top of a car since then.  When everyone was leaving we couldn't find them, we walked outside to find this...


Goodbye summer, I will probably miss you in a couple of weeks, but right now I am ready to be childless for a few days.




No comments: