Sunday, August 19, 2012

Take two...


As I am typing this Mark is introducing the kids to one of his favorite movies "Rudy", it is at the climax and the crowd and players are chanting "Ruuudy, Ruuudy"  poor Rufio is pacing and barking at the screen thinking they are calling him.


Flossie decided to come to Charlotte for another cousin trip...hoping that this time did not include another hospital visit.  We met at Sarah's pool again.  Ashley and her kids came as well.

The kids built a 'boat' out of chairs ate dinner there.

Katie with Nate (Sarah's newest)


 Flossie and her kids slept over at our house.  The next morning we walked down to the train tracks.  This time I remembered to bring pennies with us.  My kids have been bugging me to put pennies on the tracks since I mentioned it to them when we moved in, we just kept forgetting to bring the pennies when we took a walk (and it has been WAY to hot to be outside for the past few months).

While we were there, a city truck drove by and told us we better leave before the police saw us bc someone had been hit by the train a few days before.  Why thank you sir, for saying this in front of 6 children.  The kids then wanted to know where and wanted to walk down to the scene.  (I am assuming since this is within walking distance of my house and I knew nothing about it, and because you can see and HEAR the train coming in plenty of time, that it was someone impaired who was hit.)  Of course we did not visit the site, but we did wait around for the train to come and collect our flattened pennies.  (The kids continued to talk about the dead guy for the trip home and the rest of the week.)



 On the way home we passed the fire station and the kids talked their way into a picture.


 Then we headed to Discovery Place







Katie on the bed of nails, you push a button and they emerge until you are literally laying on a bed of nails.





 After Discovery Place we supported Chic Fil-a, I'm not sure they want our kind of support though because my kids ate all their mints.

1 comment:

Richele said...

You guys always have the most fun! I need more brothers and sisters. Or more kids. And two nannies.

Love the ending!