Sunday, September 30, 2012

4 yr olds up in here...

We had some little stinkers turn 4 around here.  They were SOOO happy.  Their birthday fell on a Sunday.  Saturday night we let them open their present from my parents.





 Katie pulled out her sleeping bag from her birthday and they had a little sleepover!


 We have church at 9am but I woke up early (cause I am awesome like that) and made them chocolate chip pumpkin pancakes.  (They wanted a candle in everything the entire week.)


 After church we let them open presents from us, Katie and Mark's parents.  Katie made them each a gift.  She made Marcus a train (which they have used to chug around their my little ponies); and she made Addy a telescope.





After we went to the park to play with the rocket that Marcus got.
 That night, we had cake.



Since they have had family parties, we decided to throw them a friend party this year.  Addy wanted a fairy party and Marcus wanted a pirate party.  I decided I could work with that and planned it for the next Saturday.   Originally, we were going to have the party at our house, but when 17 kids RSVP'd we decided to move it to the park.

 We had a little craft for when the kids first arrived.  The pirates made parrots.
 
Will and Marcus
 

 And the fairies made flower crowns.



 After the crafts, we gave all the girls wings and wands and the boys put on bandanas and eye patches.  Each group was given a treasure map that included four stops.  First, they had to walk the plank (I didn't get a picture, but I had a board with chalk drawings of sharks and fish on either side, and told them not to fall off--they were very careful); second, they drew 'fairy flowers'; 


third, they bombed the evil pirate ship with water balloons;


and last, they did a fairy dance.


After they found the treasure chest full of coins, and jewelry.


Sean enjoying his pirate booty
Then it was time to eat.



The kids had a lot of fun helping me put the food together.  Behind the pirate ship there are fairy wands, we used rod pretzels and melted white chocolate.  I let them help dip in the chocolate and then in sparkly sprinkles.


 When we asked Marcus what he wanted for his birthday he said soda, then he said juice...so we combined the two in what we called pirate juice--it was a big hit.

Finally, it was time for cupcakes.
We sang first to Addy,

 

and next to Marcus.



Addy's bestie, Iria

Katie, Aliana and Addy
  After all the food the kids just ran around and played.  I loved watching them get into character, the fairies kept casting spells on the pirates, and the pirates kept looting the fairies.

 


 
Marcus and Kianoa

Katie, Mara and Dax

Talia
best buds-Marcus and Dax
 After the party we came home, took showers and then let Marcus and Addy open their presents...

My sister Flossie made this bag for Marcus, she also made a super cute one for Addy.



and then their birthday was finally over and I got to relax!  (They did try to keep it going by asking me to put in a candle every time they ate one of their left over cupcakes.)



3 comments:

Johnson Family said...

They are so adorable! The party sounds so fun and I loved all your creative party ideas. Props to the mom who can successfully combine pirates and fairies!

Gina said...

You got some mad skills my friend! Your kids are so cute and big, I miss you my friend.

Kristine and Philip said...

Oh, I haven't checked your blog for awhile, so fun! Erin, where did 4 years go? How did Marcus and Addy get to be 4!?! So cute and loved all the pictures.