Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A day at home with Daddy...

We had the DNC here in Charlotte last week.  Mark was supposed to work from home the whole week (his office was too hard to access), last minute his firm decided to send him to NYC to work for a few days.  I didn't feel like dealing with the kids by myself so we hired Hannah to do it and I joined him!  We flew out Monday and I flew home Wednesday.  It was amazing; hot guy, great food, an amazing hotel right at Times Square and no kids.  We had Monday to play together.  Mark had to work Tues and Wed so I spent Tues with my good friend Heather and her kids (one of these trips I will take a picture).  Wed I laid around and shopped.  Mark was able to meet me for meals both days.

At a great little Japanese place where we cooked our own meat

Hannah was at home with our kids.  I missed Addy and Marcus' first day of preschool (which I think was a good thing for them).  Marcus was very positive about school.  Addy was SO HAPPY to have structure and learning and friends.  


Mark came home Thurs night.  He worked from home on Friday.  I'm not sure how much work he got done.  Marcus and Addy don't have preschool on Friday and they bugged him every few mins to come play, or to read them a book--they didn't understand why he was home and not hanging out with them.



all three of them in Rufio's cage
Don't they just look like little terrors!  
I had to leave them at 3pm to go to leadership training at our church and then met my sisters for dinner.  Poor Mark dealt with them amidst conference calls, etc.  The kids finally got his full attention when they knocked his computer to the floor by spinning in the desk chair and broke it.

No comments: