Wednesday, February 5, 2014

It's Good to be Five--Sept 2013

I look at their little faces and can't believe they are 5 already!  How did my babies get so big already!?

Addy and Marcus make fantastic 5 year olds.  They both started school reading.  They are great big siblings and love Jaxon.  They have stopped agreeing with everything that Katie says, this causes more fighting in our house but it is fun to see what they like and see their personalities shine through.  Addy still loves everything pink, princess and fancy; Addy could spend all day doing art work and she is AMAZING!  Marcus lives for Saturday morning when he can get up early and go turn on the TV and watch cartoons until I make him turn it off.



Addy asked me to bring in something to school to celebrate her birthday.  Marcus told me not to.  I made plans to go to Addy's classroom and tried to figure out if Marcus would be upset after the fact if I really didn't go to his.  Finally, after lots of talking, I figured out that Marcus would be ok with a treat but he didn't want anyone singing Happy Birthday to him.  

 
Thankfully, Marcus and Addy's teachers are awesome and let me schedule the celebrations back to back.  So, on Sept 16th, I struggled into the school with Jax, two large pans of brownies and endless plates and napkins.   True to his word, Marcus didn't let us sing Happy Birthday, but he did allow the class to wish him a happy birthday in unison.

Mrs. Misciagna and Marcus (Marcus loves her and she is so good with him)


Addy, on the other hand, was so excited to have all the attention on her and was so proud to wear the birthday crown and have us sing to her.


Addy and Mrs. Dougherty (another fantastic teacher!).
Since we had a big party last year, I told M&A no friend party this year.  But...somehow, the family party turned into a few of their friends coming over.  Mark came home early from work and we celebrated in the back yard.










Obviously, the highlight for Marcus was getting soda for his birthday.  He came home from school for the next 4 days (yes, I'm lame and I cut the 8 pack in half) and sucked down one soda each day.

Happy Birthday to my crazy, hyper, awesome 5 year olds, I couldn't be more proud to be your mom!

No comments: