Sunday, November 21, 2010

Life as we know it...

I feel like I have gotten really bad at this blogging thing, it might have something to do with the fact that I am now a single parent 4 1/2 days out of the week . . . although now that I put that in writing it doesn't sound as bad. But really, I put the kids to bed by myself Monday through Thursday. And at the end of everything, I don't feel like doing anything. If you notice the date on this post, I started it quite a while ago, now I am just trying to finish it before the start of December.

So some of the things I was supposed to blog about when I was in the "single parent,working with too many birthmothers and adoptive families and now doing fundraising for the orphanage mode . . . "

Mark's job is going well. We have kinda gotten into a grove and gotten used to the long hours (if that is possible). We get in lots of family time in the mornings and on the weekends. Marcus is taking it harder than the girls. He doesn't leave Mark's side on the weekends.

We celebrated Mark's birthday on the 13th. Katie was pretty excited to help me make the cinnamon rolls that Mark requested this year. Everybody had lots of fun eating them. I made too big of a batch and we talked about giving some away but then decided it would be better to go ahead and start gaining that Holiday weight--so Mark and I ate them all (well, the kids had a few).


We had a little mini-Maine reunion a couple weeks ago when my best friend's (from Maine) parents were in town. Their son Dan lives nearby so all three of them stopped by to say high and to play Nani and Papa (until their kids can start producing for them--hint hint Nate). My kids didn't mind at all, accepting presents and showing off comes natural to them.

The weather has been amazing this fall. This is why we moved here. We have spent so much time playing outside. The leaves have started falling and we have been waiting and waiting to get enough leaves to make a big pile, we are almost there.

Marcus and John
(Have I ever mentioned how much we love our neighbors, we have lots of friends for the girls at church, but seem to be missing someone for Marcus--and now we have John!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mark is looking so slim and handsome! Way to go Mark!