Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving...

We had a very low key Thanksgiving this year. The kids didn't have school all week and luckily work usually slows down around the Holidays so I was able to focus on having fun with the kids and working during their nap time. Right down the street is a great park with hiking trails and a lake. The trails are flat so the kids can walk/run them.

There is a small sandy patch of beach with shells. Some ducks came to visit us this time. We brought lunch and ate it on the rocks and had a little bread left over to feed the ducks.

Mark only got Thursday and Friday off (I know, welcome to real life, right!) so we decided to stay in Charlotte this year. Hannah came down and spent the weekend with us.

I know I've said before that my kids love Hannah, but really they do. Addy and Katie did not leave her side the whole time she was here. Today in the car I mentioned Hannah's name to the kids and Marcus said "I want Hannah." (This coming from the same little boy who has decided that he is in a bad mood today and has literally said 15 words to me ALL day).


Hannah, Addy, Katie, Marcus & Me
We bought a 18lb turkey for the 6 of us to eat and still have leftovers, but no one is complaining yet. We made lots of other yummy food and stuffed ourselves all weekend. Hannah and I did some Black Friday shopping and we all laid around and were lazy!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: