Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The good mom...

There are some times where you feel like you are doing it right, that you have it all figured out. Every once in a while you think...I am a good mom. I don't have those moments very often. I am usually more stressed out then I need to be and trying to figure out how to get it all done instead of focusing on how much fun my kids are.


I have noticed that my 'good mom' moments seem to come more often when I am outside with the kids. I grew up in the country, and still love to go there to escape. So, when I am outside, preferably surrounded by trees, I feel like I can breath--and then I can let everything else go.

We had a break in the cold last week and the kids and I hit our favorite place in Charlotte for a little hiking. It is right behind the kid's preschool, and they get so excited when I pick them up and instead of heading home, I keep driving to our hiking spot. We hike, find rocks and throw them in the lake, pick up sticks and hit things and make as much noise as possible.

Throwing rocks in the lake

1 comment:

Heather said...

this is a super, cute post. my kids crave the outdoors. i don't what it is? fresh air and all that goodness, i guess. :)