Friday, June 24, 2011

Emmie


I know I am a total wuss, but I had no idea how hard it was to take care of 1 almost 5 year old and 2 almost 3 year olds (and to try to sneak in a few hours of work).  It doesn't help that Mark has been super busy at work.  I begged my little sister Emmie to come stay with me for a little while to help out.  The kids love their aunts, so they were so happy to have her with us.

We had a lot of fun while she was here.  We went swimming everyday.  On Friday we went to our favorite spot--the nature preserve and roasted marshmellows and then went on a wagon ride after dark in search of "coyotes and owls" (that's what they said).  Really we watched the sunset, and then looked for  spider webs.  The kids had a little too much fun with flashlights.

Emmie and Katie

 Mark with Addy and Marcus on the wagon ride

When Emmie was ready to go home we met Flossie and kids at Tweetsie.  Thomas the Train was there and my aunt got us tickets.  We got to ride on a train pulled by Thomas.  The kids were pretty excited.  (Marcus still mentions it at least once a day)

Flossie with Cooper, Addy, Carson, Katie, Emmie, Marcus, Me and Melissa with Jayden (my cousin's wife and son)


After Thomas we headed up the hill to the rides and to have lunch.  We were having lots of fun until a major storm came and made us clear out.



Aunt Lianne and Marcus




Me and Cooper

The kids got to each pick out a gift--Marcus picked a Thomas umbrella, Katie got a pink cowgirl hat and Addy got a pink horse.




Emmie headed home with Flossie and I headed back to Charlotte alone with three kids. 

1 comment:

Johnson Family said...

Oh my goodness! I remember when Emmy came to stay at the brink house one night and she was just a tiny, beautiful, baby. Now she's all grown up. Wow, that makes me feel old.