Sunday, February 24, 2013

Darling

I have the kids taking turns cooking dinner with me on Thurs nights.  They love it because I let them pick the recipe and then do everything that isn't too dangerous.  This past Thurs was Addy's turn.  I talked her into making a sweet potato patty recipe.  She was a little nervous about the ingredients but had lots of fun mixing it together.  

The kids decided to make the dinner a 'fancy' one.  Katie and Marcus got dressed up while Addy and I were cooking.


In true Fancy Nancy style we ate with our pinkies up all night and called each other darling (or 'my dear' if you are Marcus).

What is more fancy then a Spider Man Knight?

Luckily Addy is always dressed fancy, so she didn't need to change.



Yes, that is a dress on Rufio.  Even he got fancy.

The meal wasn't really a hit, lesson learned, listen to Addy when she says no.  But we did have lots of fun laughing together.  At one point, we were pouring fake tea and Marcus asked for coffee (thanks preschool teachers); I reminded him that we don't drink coffee, so, of course, Addy asked for coffee; Katie told Addy that we don't drink coffee and Addy said; "that's fine, I'll just drink alcohol".

Oh my!

1 comment:

Emma said...

LOL about the alcohol!!!! What a fun idea to dress up fancy :)