Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Fall of Mark

Since Mark took, and now passed the bar our lives have consisted of him being around...playing with the kids, hiking, buying flat screens, exercising, watching ESPN/sports for hours at a time, playing Playstation, etc. All the fun things that guys dream of doing while their wives work. But to give him some credit he has been helping with the cleaning, and I haven't touched our new vacuum--at all--even though we bought it back in June. This dream we have been living comes to an end on Monday. As many of you know, Mark's law job has been pushed back for a year and the firm is paying him to do pro-bono work, so he will be working for the Children's Defense Project for the time being.


The last couple weeks have been a little crazy for us. The end of September my parents went to Guatemala to check on the orphanage and start the toddler feeding program (more on this in the next blog). Mark and I went to my parents house and babysat my younger siblings for 5 days. It would have been fun if it hadn't been so dang cold.
We did get the chance to watch Johnny (or BIG John Dalia, as the announcer liked to say every few mins) play football. It was raining off and on and we were up late, but my kids were in heaven. Every time someone got in front of Marcus he would move so he could see the field.

Johnny in all his glory

The day after we got back Mark flew to Florida to hang out with his grandparents. The way I heard it was they spoiled him like he was a teenager and I think he played 79 holes of golf in the 4 full days he had there. He had so much fun.

Mark with his grandparents

Being home alone with my three little monsters wouldn't have been too bad if they hadn't all gotten sick at the same time. Luckily, I didn't get what they had until Saturday, and Mark flew home that night.

Katie giving Little Girl (our neighbor's dog) kisses. We dogsat her for a couple days. Katie wants a little dog so bad.



1 comment:

Johnson Family said...

Oh my gosh John Isaac is huge! He is such a cutie, wow they grow up fast.
Thanks for coming out here to play. It was so great to see you!
~KP