Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Missin' Mark

So, we all got a little to used to having Mark around. We miss him when he is at work. Addy looks for him to come home. If I do something that Katie doesn't like she always says she "wants Daddy to come home." Marcus just says "Dada, Dada" all day, little stinker.

We are surviving amazingly well with just me, my job and three little monsters.

Here is a little of what we have been up to...

Katie is in preschool four days a week and loves every bit of it--she is learning so much. When she is home she is usually very happy and helpful. The other day she was playing with her babydolls and I overheard her praying. She said one of the longest prayers I had ever heard; thanking Heavenly Father for everything and blessing everyone. She does not pray like this when she says our family prayer. I had a proud mom moment.

Katie pushing Addy in her hippo walker

Addy is the cutest little thing ever. She is running all over the place. She loves to play "where's Addy?". She keeps poor Marcus awake during nap time talking (I would be surprised if they get more then an hour of sleep during the day). She in not afraid to throw a monster fit if someone takes a toy from her or does something she doesn't like. She can scream really loud. She still isn't talking regularly (or saying 'mama'), but we have heard 'cock a doddle do', 'Dada' and 'Jesus' come out of her month. My favorite thing about Addy is that she will climb on my lap and cuddle for endless amounts of time.

I am in love with Marcus--I mean who wouldn't be. He gets scared when we go into new places and it takes him a while to warm up. We were at Costco this week and someone came up to the twins and started talking to them. Marcus got his mean scared look on his face. He reached his hand out of the cart and took hold of mine and then turned back to the stranger and smiled. He likes to climb the stairs as fast as he can--he thinks he is escaping. He folds his arms when we pray--something that we never taught him. He has added more to his list of words and has taken one step.

Coming out of the box we brought down from Pittsburgh--this is their little playhouse. Who would have thought a dishwasher box would be so much fun. It will be a sad day when it is to beat up to continue.


Our life

Funny story, I went to Costco with all three of my kids this week. I picked Costco because their carts have double seats. I had it all planned out. I would park by a cart return, load up all the kids (Marcus and Addy in the front and Katie in the bucket or walking) and make my merry way into the store. But, of course it had to start raining, no pouring, on the way there. I thought about turning around, but we were all actually dressed so I pressed on. I parked as close as I could to the store and ran Katie and my purse to the front. I sat her on a cart and told her to scream if anyone tried to take her. I then went back for Addy and Marcus, and ran with both of them. I was drenched. When I got back Katie happily and loudly reported that no one had tried to take her. A lady nearby who had been watching the whole thing just started laughing.


No comments: