Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Secret Service

I was going to write a blog yesterday about how much I love my new neighborhood, house and yard...and then the door bell rang.

I went to open the door and I saw two men in suits, my first thought was Mormon missionaries... but I didn't recognize them, and didn't see any name tags. Then I saw a badge and noticed the second man seemed to be guarding the house. The man at the door said he was with the Secret Service asked for 'John Doe' and when I said he didn't live here he asked to come in.

I asked the other man for his ID and he rudely said to me that I had already seen one and didn't need to see his. Refusing to let them in with that attitude, I asked what it was about. They continued to interrogate me about 'John Doe' or 'John Doe 2'. Finally, I asked if it helped at all if they knew that I had just moved in last week. They stopped being so rude and went and got a picture to see if I recognized John Doe, and then asked to search the house--I let them, one guy stood outside and waited for someone to run out and the other walked around the house, looking in every room.


Welcome to the neighborhood!


But really, we do like it. The back yard is fabulous. The house is great. And, there are lots of kids!
Hopefully the Secret Service and John Doe both will stay away.

5 comments:

Liisa said...

This is too funny(probaby a little scary at the time)! It's so strange that you couldn't even make up such a great story. Hope you enjoy the new place.

Gina and Jon said...

What the heck! Thats kind of scary dear friend

An Appalacian Emigrant said...

That's awesome. Hope you're not watching too much Jack Bauer, it might make yoyu nervous about the previous occupants.

Em said...

I would have paid money to hear them try and get away with giving you lip to get your house.

I am laughing just thinking about the situation.

But I'm glad you like your neighborhood!

candicetheresa said...

Woah! What in teh world! I love that you gave the SS attitude. That's my mama!